Friday, May 12, 2006

The Davinci Code

What's the big deal with The Da Vinci Code? I've heard that the Catholic Church has asked that no Catholics go see the movie. What does that tell you? What are they afraid of? The truth????
I read the book, and it didn't bother me. I was a Catholic..I call myself a non-practicing Catholic now. But even if I was a totally devoted Catholic, I wouldn't be bothered by the thought that Jesus may have been married to Mary Magdelene and that they had a child. Or that their issue still survives today.
The more the Catholic Church denounces it, the more people will be interested in seeing it.
Take a close look at the picture of The Last Supper. The person on His right is a woman! I never noticed it before because I never looked that closely. Some religions are full of secrets and lies.
It's enough for me to just believe in God...a Father that loves us all. Forget all the rituals, and litany, and the fancy dress for the priests...and the money, and the power. In my opinion, that was not God's original plan.
Just my opinion.
It's a book...a fictional book...but...is it REALLY fiction?????


3 Comments:

Blogger Fireguy said...

Is the Da Vinci Code fiction? Yes!!

9:31 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

I think you hit a nerve! I agree with you 100% I haven't read the book but if Jesus had lineage, I don't see how that would detract or diminish His purpose-

11:25 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

I read the book, and thought it was interesting, a good read at the very least...

True or not though, I don't think it really matters as Christ's message is the same. I think the problem lies in that if it was found to be true, it would alter the perception of who Christ was. If one believes that Chist was God in the flesh, then how could God find sexual attraction and gratification in one of God's own creations? But if it is true, then Christ could not have been God in the flesh, but maybe a (perfect) channel through which God communicated with the rest of us.

Again though, the message is the same.

An interesting read on Jesus and the Bible, albeit controversial, is "Liberating the Gospels" by John Shelby Spong. Very thought provoking...

3:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home