Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Humility


Today was an absolutely beautiful day. It was hot, but not too hot, there was a cool breeze. A perfect day for hanging clothes on the line. Oh, how I love the smell of clothes that have been blowing in the wind. Every item I take off the line I have to put to my nose and inhale deeply. It is one of the joys of my life.
For years and years I never owned a dryer. Said I didn't need one. Said, even if I had one, I would still hang clothes on the line. Oh the pride I had when I said that. I felt so smug. Who needs a dryer!!!! The misery I put Jim through putting up clotheslines....tighening them up....untangling them after a strong wind..but he always did it with no complaints. Even when the line tangled in the pulley (along with the clothes) he did not complain, but patiently untangled everything without ruining one single article of clothing.
But now I have a dryer! And I had two laundry's to do..one light, one dark. And, I humbly admit...I put them in the dryer!!!!!!! I Put Them In The Dryer!!!! Me!!!! I am so ashamed....
It turns out that I have become to lazy to hang clothes out on the line and then drag them in again. Who knew????? Plus I couldn't find the clothespins...even though there are tons of them at the Dollar Store!!!!
Oh, how the mighty have fallen. hehehehehehehehe.
On another note, May 10th is our 17th Wedding Anniversary, and we are going to be entertained by my very own brother! He will be playing the Steel Guitar with Ryan Cook. If he so much as mentions that it is our Anniversary I will personally have him oiled and feathered and run out of town!
Well, that's my news.....oh, I forgot, when we get back from Yarmouth...poor Buddy is going to the Vet..for 'you know what'. His 'catting' days will be over.
Talk to you all later..
Marsh

3 Comments:

Blogger Fireguy said...

Looking forward to your visit!

10:24 PM  
Blogger mikki said...

I heard a rumour that you had your hair done... I wanna see it! Anyway, have a safe trip, and a big party for your anniversary :)

11:08 AM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Ha,, know what you mean-- I felt so guilty putting towels in the dryer yesterday after all the grief I gave Frank about putting up a line!! Looking forward to Sat. night-- and fireguy,, sounds like a challenge to me--- go for it!

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home