Saturday, January 27, 2007

I need your advice all.




Hi Guys..this is a picture of my bed, and my curtains. I know the curtain one is dark because the window is right behind them (odd!), but I thought my might get an idea of the colour of them anyway. So basically, my bedding and curtains are sage, and my TV Stand and my beautiful one-of-a-kind crocheted pillow shams are sort of a forest green.
The walls are red. I can't decide whether to paint the walls sage green or forest green. The room is small and I know dark paint will make it look smaller, but I just think it would be too 'sagey'. I think I would like the forest green for contrast. The room is dark now and it doesn't bother me.
Anyhoo, what does everybody think? Any and all suggestions are welcome. And please keep in mind, that I had to go to the trouble of making my bed today just so I could get your opinions!!!!!!!!
As for my beautiful one-of-a kind crocheted shams...you will never be able to get them anywhere in the world!! They were created specifically pour moi!!! Mikki is so good to me!!!!!
Right now Jim is building a closet in Dad's room. It's actually the guest room, but I like to call it Dad's room!!! And I am busy playing games on the computer..hehehehe.
It's been very cold here, but not much snow so far!
Gonna go read blogs nows....tata and cheerio!

6 Comments:

Blogger Traveling Man said...

Of the two colours you mention I think I'd prefer the sage. Maybe you could get them to mix you a colour somewhere between sage green and forest green for a nice contrast. You could call it light forest, or dark sage.

11:06 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Hmm, new idea to consider..light forest..or dark sage. That sounds like a good idea. I think I'll take a sample of the shams and bedding in to the store with me, and hope there is someone there who can find a nice in-between colour! Thanks Dad!

11:33 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Wow...I like that idea too...oh my...what to do, what to do??? Cream with a hint of sage..Thanks LJLC.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

As another option, maybe try a lighter shade of sage on three walls to brighten the room up and make it look bigger while keeping the green theme going, but then on the fourth wall, go forest. I've seen it done in a friends house and it looked quite nice. It'll add contrast and keep the light - dark green theme going. And if it looks terrible, paint the dark wall the same as the other three, and no harm done!

Nice shams though.... Nice indeed...

7:18 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Wow, I like that idea too...that sounds really nice. Thanks Mike..Love you..Marsh

11:47 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

I second Mike's opinion!!! Although before I read his comment, I was thinking lilac---on the pastel side---lilac and sage just seem to complement each other-but Mike's idea seems to incorporate all the suggestions,,,, except lilac,,, I really like lilac---- be sure to show us the outcome-- love

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home