Thursday, January 11, 2007

J & Fireguy




There's Jim, pretending he knows how to use the computer. And here's Fireguy trying to show Jim how to open a book! Hahahahahahahaha. Just kidding. They were looking at a gift.
Well, young Jimmy (Jim's son) brought us over a CD that he said he found in his house. It contained video from 1994 that we had taken and he had converted to a CD. After the first few minutes watching, tears started rolling down my face. There was Stephen (Jim's brother) dancing with Mom. She looked so good there. Then there was Manzie, Jim's cousin and best friend and best handyman ever working on our old bedroom. And then there was Eric and Jamie taking a bath. Jamie couldn't walk yet. And the kicker - there was Max - standing tall and strong. The two families, Fitts and Johnsons had gone to the park in Shubencadie - do you remember that day Mikki. July 27th 1994. Mikki's friend Donna was there too. I just sobbed and sobbed. Four of the people on that tape are gone from our lives now, but not from our hearts. And although it was sad, it was also good in another way - to see them alive and happy again. Oh God, I'm tearing up again now. Quite an experience.
Mikki, if you want to see it, I'll try to copy it. Most of it is you guys at the park.
Well, it snowed a little yesterday...not enough to do any damage, but it's cold...brrrrrrrrr. Well, my tea must be ready by now....Later guys.

3 Comments:

Blogger Funnyface said...

When I first seen the video from Angies wedding,and saw Courtney,I cried my eyes out. Then she spotted me and yelled hi Nana,it was bitter sweet.
It snowed here too, and its cold. But we should be glad we didn't get what K&S got.She was telling me last night they had 3 foot drifts,in places, yikes!!!

Take care..

12:51 PM  
Blogger Traveling Man said...

Old photos do bring back memories. I see it ofternas I scan my old slides.
The pics you posted are very good.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Thanks Travelin Man...I resized them to around 1280, so I hope they weren't too big.
By the way, you are on that video too..we were down at the lighthouse. Hard to believe it was 13 years ago.

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home