Friday, May 23, 2008

Of Clear Broth and Jello


Clear Broth and Jello....just about all that Jim is allowed to eat now for a while....and mashed potatoes. No meat or anything heavy or spicy. He has to allow his stomach to 'rest' for a while. He was in terrible pain for over a week....saw the Doctor on Wednesday...was given a prescription for pain killers and told to amend his diet to the above-noted. Clear Broth and Jello.
Now, this is quite a dilemma for me!!!! Because, you see, Jim is the one who does the COOKING around here! And I hate Clear Broth and Jello.....ewwwwwwwwwwwww. Therefore, I am reduced to making sandwiches for myself. Oh, will I ever have a real meal again? Sob sob sob.
I don't see why he can't still cook for ME! Just because he's not well, and not allowed to eat...that's no reason not to feed ME! It's all about ME ME ME! Guaranteed though, I won't lose any weight cause I'll just eat more junk food!
Seriously though, Jim had to go for more blood tests this morning...and I had to have bloodwork done as well because my new Doctor wants to know what's going on with me I guess. So we both went together. Couldn't eat anything for 12 whole hours!!! Just water - ugh! I just hope that they figure out something for Jim. This Chronic Pancreatitis is not a fun thing to have. His Doctor also noticed that Jim's hand was shaking and wants to test him for Parkinson's! Is there no end to this?
On another serious note, there is a shortage of Hickory Sticks in Pictou County. Poor Jim has been to every store in the area, and nobody has any. So please, if anybody out there can find some somewhere, please mail me some! Hehehehehe. As I said....everything is about ME!
Well, it's Friday....time to play Computer games all day. Talk to you all later.
Aloha
Marsh

6 Comments:

Blogger Fireguy said...

Thanks for the update...jello would be ok, but clear broth? Yicky! Hoping things settle down soon.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Fireguy said...

P.S. - hard to believe that there's a shortage of hickory sticks! Lots of them down here.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Stop teasing..send me some Hickory Sticks..or the consequences could be dire! hehehehehehehe.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Traveling Man said...

I'd send you a photo of a bowl full but I don't happen to have any on hand

10:13 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Hey, I've got some good cookbooks I could spare!!
Seriously, I hope Jim can get some relief -- seems to be one thing after another--

10:17 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

I hope you guys realize my 'levity' is a disguise for my real worry about Jim!

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home