Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Three Worse Things to Run Out of

Just thought I'd write a little treatise (cool word) on the three worse items you can run out of.

First - toilet paper - a person cannot live well without toilet paper...such a horrible feeling when you realize you have no more toilet paper. This morning I was reduced to going through the waste basket and ripping of the little remaing shreds of toilet paper on the discarded rolls.

Second - cat food - especially when you have two cats. Last night I had fish sticks for supper, and so did the cats! They didn't mind it last night for supper, however, they weren't too happy with it for breakfast this morning. They are quite weird cats, they have hard food, but they won't eat it unless the soft food dishes are full...What's that all about?

Third - hickory sticks - how can a person sleep without having a couple of handfuls of hickor sticks in bed? You go into a sort of hickory stick withdrawal which even Lay's Potato Chips won't assuage (cool word).

Now, the solution to this problem is of course to go to the grocery store. But when your husband is away and you happen to be too lazy to get dressed..this becomes a problem. However, this morning, I got dressed, combed my hair and went off to Sobey's to remedy the situation. But..Sobey's was out of Hickory Sticks!!!! Sob sob sob. But the cat's are happy, and I now have toilet paper, so all was not lost.

Jim is in Ontario...coming home today. He went to help his brother-in-law take a load of antiques up. His niece has an Antique store somewhere in Ont., and I guess she's going to try to sell them on consignment. I talked to Jim last night, and he's been really sick with terrible stomach pain the whole time he's been there. So, it turned out he wasn't any help at all with the driving. It started right after they left here I guess. I feel so bad for him...I know I hate being away from home when I'm sick. So it will be a quick trip to the Doctor for him and I hope we get some answers this time. Never have seen the report from his last procedure.

Well, that's it for now...if anybody out there has any Hickory Sticks, please e-mail them to asap. Thank you.

Love you all
Marsha

5 Comments:

Blogger Fireguy said...

Hey - what about gas? That's something you can't run out of. However, I never run ot of gas...just ask anyone who happens to be standing behind me at the wrong time...heheh.

1:12 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

I think the worst thing to be out of was Jim!! Hopefully he's just missing his ever loving wife and bed filled with hickory sticks--and fireguy,, as long as we have Billy, we'll never run out of gas1!!

5:19 PM  
Blogger Traveling Man said...

Regarding the lack of toilet paper. I am of the vintage where old issues of Eaton's catalogues often took the place of a roll of toilet paper in the so called back houses (privies). They worked OK as long as you didn;t chose one of the shiny pages.

3:33 PM  
Blogger mikki said...

I am actually getting used to running out of toilet paper - around here, it disappears at an alarming rate, and I have had to resort to baby wipes many times. For us, the worst thing to run out of is coffee... Disaster of Epic Proportions, I tell you! Oh, and diapers, of course... that is just bad. Coincidentally, cat food is also on my list of really bad things to run out of... Weird :)

7:40 AM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

To Traveling man....the catalogues now are ALL GLOSSY pages..ewwwww.

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home