Saturday, June 07, 2008

Ok

So..ok...I've been very sick with a cold since Dad left. Jim DID NOT go to the Doctor. I tried, but unless I could physically carry him to the Dr..there was nothing I could do.
So..the new blood test ordered really freaked him out. But I looked it up...Google is cool! For anyone else who wants to look it up....just type 'Blood Test CA 119-19. That will take you right there. Anyhoo, as far as I can figure the test is just a comparison to the one they took before he had the procedure. It's a comparison to see if the procedure helped.
However, since he feels so sick...he really does not believe that...and now has it in his head that quote "I'm on my way out". Which was hard for me, because for the first time since he got sick...he was throwing up all afternoon...
He blamed me because he ate one of my bagels.....
His throat was sore from throwing up.
And all he ate was a bagel.
I don't know how to make him go back to the Doctor. Any suggestions, anyone? He's getting thinner and thinner.....his shoulders are all hunched, and his legs are actually skinny. The only word I can think of when I look at him is 'emaciated'.
Imaging....Big Jim looking emaciated.
So..that's the news. Wish it could have been better.
Love, Marsh

4 Comments:

Blogger NanNan said...

That's awful!! But you can't force anyone to go to the doctor,, until they're so incapacitated you have to call an ambulance-- what about his kids-- would he listen to them? How is your cold?? thinking of you guys--wishing there was something I could do-- love sue

7:04 AM  
Blogger Fireguy said...

I guess nannan is right - ambulance would be the only way. You guys are in my prayers - keep us posted.

7:37 PM  
Blogger H said...

How about getting the doctor to him? I don't know, he sounds just like my mum and dad rolled in one.

Another good trick is to get him to step out... just even for a nice drive. And then once you're out, you meander around, and on your way back sort of drive by the clinic/ hospital and insist he takes the test?

No?

I thought not. Hmmm. Shall keep my thinking cap on. Will also ask my Mum. She knows everything.

Meanwhile, a hug for Nan's sister. And a prayer.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Funnyface said...

I'm so sorry to hear your both sick. I know its hard to make someone go to the doctor's when they don't want to go. But I'm the same way.I think alot of the time were just afraid, of what they are going to tell us.
Please take care.

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home