Thursday, September 21, 2006

Packing and cleaning

Here is a very blurry picture of some of the boxes I have been packing. Doesn't look like much, but....do not forget.....every single solitary thing in those boxes has been cleaned....cleaned I tell you! My fingers are all crinkly, and I smell like vinegar - well not really, I had a shower. But, before the shower I smelled like vinegar! Now, I have another packing tip for you. The first being, wrapping your glassware in sheets and pillowcases, thus killing two birds with one stone, and avoiding the mess of all that newspaper when you unpack. Okay....now that I've 'refreshed your memory' as they say on Court TV...here's another tip.
If you have delicate little pretty thingies....such as my angels with wire wings, which I love by the way....Take a large plastic container (doesn't need to be Tupperware)...wrap your delicates thingies (after washing them of course) in soft paper towel, place them gently in the container...keep doing this until the container is full...allow no movement at all to occur, so fill in blank spaces with soft paper towel..or face cloths...and place lid on container. Then pack container. Once again...two birds - one stone! As a matter of fact, you can pack all kinds of stuff in your larger plastic containers...why pack them empty...they take up too much room! I leave no space in my boxes...every nook and cranny is filled with something, even if it's just a face cloth...or a bunch of pencils....or knitting needles. Unpacking is lots of fun for me....I never know what I'm going to find. The box may say 'Bedroom'...but...is is reaaaalllllyyyy? Could there be a surprise in there?
Anyhoo, yesterday I didn't do anything...I woke up too stiff and sore from the day before...All that getting up and down, taking down pictures, pulling out nails, unscrewing screws...My back was killing me. But, back at it today.
Well, I'm starving...must go get my supper..Leftover spaghetti! Yum
Bye bye......



4 Comments:

Blogger Fireguy said...

Oh the joy of it all - packing sounds like so much fun - Not!

6:53 PM  
Blogger mikki said...

The only thing worse than packing, in my humble opinion, is the un-packing! I still haven't finished that job here, 'cause it is such a frikken' chore... running up and down two flights of stairs, trying to find spaces for things I forgot I had in the first place! ~ugh~ Still, it will be fun to get your stuff all set up in your new home. Keep taking photos, so we can watch the progress of the Big Move!
*kissy* *kissy*

7:50 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Unpacking is fun---specially in a new place---as if you'd be unpacking in an old place!! duh!! Anyway, good tips, but I hope never to need them--- don't wanna move from here, ever, ever , ever---

8:05 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

I'm not really just giving tips...I'm trying to impress everybody with how smart I am!!!! Hehehehe.

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home