Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Well, Well, Well - Phew!

Damn Damn Damn. I tried to upload two pictures of my new (hopefully) kitchen, and the pictures would not upload. Will try again later.
I just finished going through my file box and shredding old stuff. I shredded stuff back from 1991. Oh yes, and by the way - DAD - do you remember that black filing box you gave me about 15 years or more ago? Anyway, it just fell apart!!!! I can't imagine why! Just because it was stuffed so full you couldn't close it and Tuffy was using it for a scratching post, is no reason why it should fall apart! Anyway, I have two full recycle bags full of shredded paper. Then I sorted all the papers and put them in file folders and packed them away. I have washed every single ornament in the house....and every single glass that was on display (boy were they grungy)..and packed them amongst sheets and pillow cases - two birds with one stone!!!!
I took the pictures off the wall and cleaned them all with vinegar - much better than Windex - and packed them all away. I still have the bedroom to do. Next I'm going to work on the computer desk..go through all my discs and see if they're used or not....everything is all mixed up. Dang I wish I could have uploaded those pictures.
I found some interesting things. I found a lock of Eric's hair from his first hair cut! I love it. It was so blond and curly. I must show Mikki next time we're together. I also found the Thank You cards that I wrote personal notes on for Dad, Jimmy, Susan and Mom for my 60th Birthday Party. Will bring them next time I'm down - only a year and a half late!!!!! Hehehehe. I found income tax returns from 1990....don't think I need to keep them. Found angry letters I had written to the Bank of Montreal when they tried to gyp me on my pension. Found begging letters to the N.S. Housing Authority when trying to get a Senior's Appt. I write good letters when I have to.
Now, I'm really tired, but also energized in a way. I want to pack some more. If this deal falls through....I will kill myself (not really - maybe I'll just maim myself). One thing for sure...I'm not unpacking it. It's all washed and clean...and it's staying in the boxes!!
And now for the kicker...Jim just walked in the house and told me the car broke down on the Trans Canada Highway!!!!!!! He got it to Young Jimmy's house, and for now he's driving Jimmy's car. Freak! Freak! Freak! He had been working all week with Dave to get some extra money for his trip to Ont...and now he will have to spend it on the freaking car!!!!!!!!!
Give me strength!!!!!!
Now, here comes the begging. If anybody has any extra old unused, unwanted bedroom furniture, coffee table, living room chair......I know a place for it. Just thought I'd mention it.
Hehehehehehehe. I'm sure Mikki doesn't really need that black reclining leather chair in her living room. It doesn't match the rest of her furniture.....
Okay...gotta go....gonna try and upload the pictures again.
Love, mes amigos.

1 Comments:

Blogger Funnyface said...

Wow you've been busy.I have to wash all my glass stuff thats out, about every 2 months. I don't like doing it but man ,it just looks so bad. If I had a cabinet with glass doors, I'D BE SO HAPPPPPPPPYYYYYY.!!!
Damn cars, don't they know just when to break down.

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home