Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Scientific Experiment


This is a picture of a welt that suddenly appeared on my arm after taking a nice relaxing bath yesterday. Jim says it looks like a bite - but by what or whom? It is very, very itchy!!!!!!
But I am going to try an experiment. I want to see what happens to it if I DON'T scratch it. I know what will happen if I do scratch it. I will eventually break the skin and bleed all over everything. Then when the healing scab appears, I will rip that off in a frenzy and bleed all everything, and then when the healing scab appears, I will rip that off and bleed all over everything ad infinitum. So I am quite interested to see what happens when no scratching happens.
I will be doing this experiment without the help of any medications, lotions, salves, unguents (love that word), or help of any sort. Cold turkey so to speak! Or maybe, I should say Cold Spider, if it is indeed a spider bite.
Now, you have to realize what will power that is going to take. Because it is really, really, really, really itchy. I may have to jump around the room and grit my teeth in excrutiating pain (yes, itches are painful to me!). I may have to wear mittens or have Jim tie my hands behind my back.....but under no circumstances will I scratch!!!!! Maybe a minor little rub every now and then...but no Fingernails!
I will keep you posted on the results.
Ciao mes amigos.

7 Comments:

Blogger Fireguy said...

You know when you itch and itch and itch all over and you just want to roll over a barbed wire fence?
I hate when that happens!!!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Me too! I really hate when that happens!!

9:45 AM  
Blogger mikki said...

Ooooooooh! That looks so itchy, I want to scratch it myself! So, have you been able to resist temptation so far today? Interesting study, I must say... although I don't imagine we'll be seeing it published in Scientific American :o)

6:26 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

And you thought the hairy legs were bad ???? Why are you bathing with spiders---- unguents??? now I've got to go and look that up- it doesn't sound like it belongs with the other healers-- You could always try HEADON HEAD ON HEAD ON HEAD ON HEAD ON HEAD ON HEAD ON HEAD ON--- have you seen that annoying commercial----- I guess it worked, cuz here I go repeating the repetition--- can we look forward to daily pictorial updates? er, evidence??

7:29 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Okay just reading your blog has made my arm itchy.... I would NEVER be able to do it...

And now that you are thinking about it so much, have you scratched it yet, given in to the temptation???

G.

7:39 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Did I say I was quite impressed with the circle around the bite-- is it the impression of the spider's lips-- how did you do it, make the circle----

8:18 PM  
Blogger Funnyface said...

Now I'm itchy.I have no will power at all,but I would never DARE ask D, to tie my hands behind my back!!!!

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home