Sunday, April 29, 2007

News

Hi all. I have some news concerning Paul. Apparently he won't be coming home until the end of July. Silvia called and was sort of upset, she misses him a lot, but she knows he has to do what he has to do. I'm not that glad about it either, especially with the escalating violence. She is going to send me his address and we are going to send him a care package. I have to find out if he's allowed to have chocolate and chips etc. They have nothing to do, so I'm sending some pocket novels and some Sudoku puzzles.
Also, of course, they won't be able to come visit this summer as they had planned. Silvia had to plan her vacation a while ago and she had two weeks in July booked off, so she's stuck with that. So I think Jim and I will drive and spend a week with her. She really has no other family besides an Aunt who lives in Toronto.
The other thing I wanted to say is that Paul is no longer relatively safe inside the Base Camp. The parts that they need for the tanks have not arrived, so he is doing guard duty outside of the Camp.
Last week, when eight Canadian soldiers were killed, Silvia was almost paralyzed until they released the names. She freaks when a car looks like it may be coming into her driveway. I can't imagine what she is going through. May God help them and protect them both.
Thanks for listening guys.
Next blog will be more about my excellent adventure in Nfld....
Love to all
Marsh








1 Comments:

Blogger NanNan said...

Thanks so much for the update,, so we can keep him in our prayers even more----that is upsetting and disturbing news,,, I can imagine how difficult this time must be for Silvia so it's really great that you guys will be with her in June--- all my love!!

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home