Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Brain Dead

Lately I have the brain power of this cute little kittie (although, I am not as cute). Nothing new ever happens here, and I can't think of anything to talk about. Even if I could think of something to talk about , I couldn't talk about it articulately. My memory is shot. If I saw a movie yesterday, I wouldn't be able to tell you the name of it today. When I finish reading a book, I would know if I enjoyed it or not...but don't ask me what it's about!!! I used to be able to compose the most professional of business letters...now I can't even compose a blog for God's sake! You know, the only thing I remember about the Da Vinci code is that Jesus was supposedly married to Mary. I totally forget all the stuff about Opus Dei!! I vaguely remember a Monk who would kill people and then whip himself bloody! What is happening to me!! Can anybody out there help me! Heeelllllllpppppp!!!! I read things, but I don't absorb them....nothing stays in my brain. I see things, but I don't absorb them either. I know it's not Alzheimer's because I still know what a teapot is, and where the bathroom is and, most importantly, where the bed is. (For sleeping guys...get your minds out of the gutter.) I fear it is only going to get worse.
Anyhoo..my Doctor is retiring. I just found out today when I called to make an appointment. I will probably be the last person he sees (as a patient I mean, he's not dying). My ear is bothering me and I think I need an antibiotic. I am going to miss him. Now I will get a Doctor who will stress me totally out about my smoking....and I will have to kill him or her. The problem is, there are no Doctors taking patients, so I may not get one at all. If I get sick I'll have to go to the emergency room and die there after waiting 18 hours or so.
Well...American Idol ends tonight....there's an important hockey game on...so I'll have something to watch anyway. Didn't watch the trial cause I slept most of the day. I think I have an ear infection which is making me not feel very good. I always wait until I am really quite ill before calling the Doctor. I mean, why call right away, when you can drag out the suffering for a couple of weeks? Okay....talk to you all later.....If I can remember.


5 Comments:

Blogger NanNan said...

I know what you mean- I go to the thrift store and keep buying the same true crime novels over and over- the clerk told me to put my initials in them, but there are multiple copies of each book, so what would that serve- we're all headed in the same direction- except Michael seems to be a few rungs above us on the intellectual ladder!!!!That really sucks, when you can't understand the child you gave birth to!!!

7:49 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Michael is amazing. I asked him if maybe he could help me. With the Brain Dead thing. He's so funny too, Suze..he cracks me up. It must be hard on you to have him so far away.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Fireguy said...

I hope the Oilers aren't brain dead tonight...game starts soon.

8:59 PM  
Blogger Fireguy said...

Don't worry sis...I'll refresh your memory on the Da Vinci Code soon.

9:22 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

i read a blog today written by a new mom in the voice of her baby, with pictures and tracking all her latest achievements- good idea for Michelle or Jennah- you could always threaten Michelle with bad pictures, but that might not be a good idea for us to start, since we all have an arsenal of scary pictures- so don't do it!!!!

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home