Tuesday, June 20, 2006

A Couch Potato's Dream

Eastlink has added a new feature! A wonderful feature....for free! It's called Movies on Demand. Now, we subscribe to the Movie Channels, and now we can watch a movie whenever we want! You just go to the menu...choose On Demand......choose the list of movies...pick one..and watch it - whenever you want! You can pause it, rewind it, fastforward it...it's great! Lots of time they have great movies on and it's never been convenient at the time they are on....like 3 a.m. for example. Now, I can watch whenever I want. Last night I watched a gory horror movie at 7:30...it ended exactly when the Hockey game started. I love this feature. It will be great on Saturdays. Also, if your movie gets interrupted you can just stop watching and when you get back to it, it picks up where it left off!!!!! Also, the movies you have watched are marked, so you don't watch them twice (I once rented the same movie three times - always forgetting I had seen it before). I actually called Eastlink to make sure it wasn't a trick...you know a promotional thingie to get us hooked, and then start charging for the service.....but they assured me it came free with the package! Oh, it is so cool!
Well, the Hockey game went terribly awry! It's been thirteen years since Canada won Lord Stanley's Cup....and the trend continues. Sob sob sob. Oh well, there's always next year!
I am inordinately tired today...and I don't know why...very sleepy. I woke up three times during the night to pee.
I'm disappointed Fireguy didn't show much enthusiasm for the Cat Reality Show! They had some of the cats on the Today show...and they were not happy campers....or should I say happy catpers!!!! Hissing and snarling...trying to get away....one even did manage to wiggle loose of it's harness, but luckily they caught it.
I watched my first good show on the Animal Planet Channel. It was called Animal Cops! They pick up mistreated animals and try to rehabilitate them. Oh, it was so sad.....there was one dog that had been left chained outside in the snow for months....starving and freezing. He was so weak he couldn't get up on all fours...kept tumbling down. I almost cried. But they rescued him, fixed him up...and now he's with a nice family with lots of kids who give him lots of attention. The poor dog doesn't like to be alone they said, so someone is always with him. It's a good channel.
Well, I just couldn't come up with a sentence with the word 'obsequious'. I just don't know any obsequious people. Obnoxious people yes (present company excluded). But I like my word of the day - inordinately.
Hope everybody blogs today and that everybody is well....talk to you all later....Marsha


5 Comments:

Blogger NanNan said...

I missed the cats on the Today show- must have fallen back to sleep- didn't miss the hockey game though- Lord Stanley must be rolling over in his grave, again- Don't watch many movies, but that one about the lakehouse sounds interesting- by the time they come out in dvds, I forget which ones I wanted to see- so you'll have to recommend some good ones- Review them on your blog--

1:56 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Michael had a new post today- did you read it?

9:42 PM  
Blogger Fireguy said...

Cat reality show? I say - give them a good home and leave them alone.
Too bad about Edmonton. Habs next year?

10:44 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Houseband00 reviewed Lake House on his blog....sounds like a good movie.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Hey Fireguy....these cats are going to getting good homes....didn't you read the whole blog!!!!

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home