Saturday, June 10, 2006

No blog on Friday

This picture has nothing to do with my topic, I just like it! Well I didn't blog yesterday and the reason is this. It was so muggy here, hot and humid I couldn't move. I had to lay in front of the fan all day - still covered in yucky sweat! But to make up for it, please look at the time..it's 5:30 Saturday morning. My least favorite day of the week and yet I am up early. We just a rain shower that was so loud it woke me up. I couldn't figure out what the noise was...I thought my fan had suddenly switched to 'high' all by itself! And Poor Tuffster was outside! Too dumb to come in from the rain
Well, we had no hot water for a couple of days, so I couldn't do my dishes. Had to have a sponge bath instead of a shower - just enough warm water for one sink full. I hate sponge baths - don't really feel that clean, and of course the mugginess just made it worse..started sweating again immediately. Anyhoo, the guys came by and put in a new hot water tank. The hot water tank is under our apt, through a trap door in the front closet. But the water was then too dirty to do the dishes...so I'm up early to get them done....they're soaking in hot water now as I type. We had no clean cutlery, or plates or mugs for the ever-necessary morning tea. But what a mess those guys made in the front closet....the floor is covered in dirt...now I have to clean that mess up too!
It's still really hot, even this early in the morning, so it can only get worse. I have a hard time breathing in the mugginess. When I was in Calgary, it was hot, but a dry heat and I had no trouble getting around.
I was very touched by Mikki's blog. But I'm sure she will come to feel at home in her new house. It takes time to adjust.
We just found out we forgot to renew our plates for the car...so Jim has been driving around with an unlicensed vehicle!!! The renewal form got lost in the junk on the computer desk. I found it Thursday night!!!
Well, must go now, do up those dishes and may go back to bed....not sure. Talk to you all later.


8 Comments:

Blogger NanNan said...

Who's Jim???

10:59 AM  
Blogger Traveling Man said...

I just e-mailed you some pics taken at Calgary. Hope you like them.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Thanks for the pics, Traveling Man...nice and clear.
As for who Jim is...some guy who drives my car..but not today.

11:50 AM  
Blogger NanNan said...

You're determined to get that guy in trouble, either with CSIS or the witness protection hunters!!!!

1:09 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:09 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

in case you're wondering, i deleted a cooent because somehow it published twice---

3:39 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Why don't you post that "doctored" picture of us - and don't forget to tell them what you said when you first saw it!!!!!

4:53 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

At least John Hamm didn't come knocking at your door-----

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home