Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Things

Here is a picture of the purple bedroom! Well, I wish a had a picture of it now!..You guys would not believe how dirty this room was!!!! I didn't realize myself until it was broad daylight and quite sunny. Those walls were covered in a black yucky substance. And since this was to be our guest room...we had to wash the walls.
So, I started washing the walls, and all that happened was that I was spreading the black s..t around.
So, we decided it would be easier to paint.
Young Jimmy had three cans of different shades of off-white, all half-used.
So, we mixed them all together and came up with a nice new colour. Jim painted..it only took two coats..and it's lovely!
Now, after the painting..I had to take care of the floor. The floor up there is linoleum (sp)...white..with little grooves. The little grooves were all black! I scrubbed the whole floor on my hands and knees. It's not in very good shape..cut, and scraped, but at least now it's clean.
So..we got a double bed. And then we bought bedding, curtains, a mat, and a lamp shade..all in burgundy...Then Jim painted a stand we had in Burgundy for a bedside table....and the room is beautiful. I love it. It's just like Trading Spaces.
The whole room looks lovely.
Now, I can't wait to get at the other two.
But, it cost a lot of mon-mons.
Bedding is not cheap folks.
BTW..Wal-Mart is a rip-off. Do not believe the price signs you see on things. Turns out, 'people' move things around....and what you thought was only $35, turns out to be $49.
And what you thought was $9.00 turns out to be $17.00.
And do you know when you buy pillow shams..there's only ONE in a package?
Who uses ONE pillow sham? Rip-off!
So you have to go out and pay another $17.00 for a pillow sham?
Because the room looks so nice!
Sheeeeeeesssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Anyhoo..the room is nice.
I hated the upstairs of this house.
But now that I see the new room...I can't wait to do the others.
May take a year or so before we gather up the money.
And did you know that when you buy curtains...the pictures shows two panels, but there is only ONE in the package!!!!!
Today was a learning experience for me.
When I get to doing the other rooms, I'm using E-Bay...way cheaper, even with the exchange.
I just didn't have time.....
Anyway..that is my rant and my happiness, all in one.
A happy rant!
Tata for now....Marsh



2 Comments:

Blogger Fireguy said...

That color looks very nice!

12:42 AM  
Blogger NanNan said...

I wonder what that black yucky stuff was!!! Maybe Santa will get you a digital camera for Christmas so we can see all these clean rooms--- or maybe we'll just have to come up and stay in them sometime--- Dancing with the stars was great last night-- I like Emmit's personality, but Mario is probably the better dancer-- should be exciting to watch tonight- who are you hoping for??? love

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home