Thursday, July 03, 2008

Happy Belated Canada Day


Hi all, if anyone is still around..hehehehe.
I hope you all had a great Canada Day. I spent the day, laying on my bed in the least amount of clothes decency allows (not naked...that would be too much for even the cats to see), with the fan blowing extremely hot air all over me and wondering if I would ever be able to breathe again.
Yesterday was just as bad...I took a cool shower to cool off, because I felt that if I didn't, I would prove Mikki's theory of Spontaneous Human Combustion...and that just would not do!
But, today is much better..it's hot..but not as muggy...and I can breathe again. Actually there's a nice breeze blowing today.
So, I've actually been feeling a little better now that Black June (as I call it) has passed. I even tried doing a little housework. But what with all the fans blowing everything around, it seems rather pointless. The dust just goes up in the air, and lands again. And sweeping is the same. The other day I actually washed the living floor, and it took about an hour to dry...that's how humid it was. The air was very heavy, and the two cats are laying flat out on the floor.....stretched out to their very limit...trying to keep cool. I think the floor is cooler than the furniture, but I'm not sure, as I have not stretched out on the floor myself...yet.
Jim was sick again on Canada Day and he spent the day on the Couch with stomach pain...however, he has been feeling a little better since. It was sort of funny today though. He had a shower and decided to wear his walking shorts..a really nice pair of black, sort of dress shorts, that he had bought last year. He put them on, and they fell right down. About three sizes two big for him now! I don't know if that's funny or not..but he put a belt on them, so now they are squished around his waist, and wore them anyway.
His next test is July 14th, and my next test July 28th, in Truro (for me). God, getting old is good!!!!!!!! Ha Ha Ha!
Anyhoo, hope someone is around reading these ramblings...
Love to you all
Marsh

3 Comments:

Blogger Funnyface said...

Happy beleated Canada day to you to :o)
So glad to hear that your feeling better..
Your friend

7:01 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

I'm still here--- Under any other circumstances, it would feel great to discover your last year's clothes were all too small-- but definitely not worth the pain and worry that Jim is going through!! And what test are you having?? Did I miss something?? I thought you had a cold--- what kind of test are you having?? thought you could just throw that in eh?? It's not as hot down here as it is up there-- quite muggy, but not unbearable-- Hope July is better for you guys! love sue

3:59 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Sorry..I thought I had told everybody...I have to have a bone density test for osteoporisis (spelling). My shoulders are curved.
I thought it was cause I've spent my life hunching over.
The test is July 28..in Truro.

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home