Thursday, July 27, 2006

Nothing Changes

The group shown here is known as the Kingston Trio...one of my very favorite groups. I want to sing a little song here by them....it goes thusly:

They're rioting in Africa
There's strife in Iran
There's hurricanes in Florida
And Texas needs rain

The whole world is festering
With unhappy souls
The French hate the Germans
The Germans hate the Poles
Norwegians hate Yugoslavs
South Africans hate the Dutch
And I don't like anybody very much!

But we can be thankful
And tranquil and proud
For man's been endowed with the Mushroom Shaped Cloud!
And we can be certain that some lucky day
Someone will set the spark off
And we will all be blown away!

This humorous little ditty has been around since I was a teenager, so it must be at least 40 to 50 years old! And as you can see, the names may change, but the world stays pretty much the same.
Well, that's my thought for the day. Please don't try to imagine me singing this little song - you may cause damage to your ears!
Have a good one!



1 Comments:

Blogger Tuffysmom said...

When I was in Grade School, the whole class had to try out for the school choir by standing up and singing the scale, up and down. When I was finished, the teacher told me he would put me in the choir as a 'filler' and I just had to move my mouth! Right in front of whole class - I was so embarrassed. One of those defining moments in your life which changes you forever!

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home