Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Waiting and Things

Still waiting to move. Talked to young Jimmy today, and the closing had been delayed for a week...so Friday is the closing date...which means we will have to move really fast to be out of here in time to get half a months rent back. But, apparently all is going well, no need to freak out, which we have been doing. Actually, we are already arguing about the dispostion of the furniture...but I'm not worried..I will win...hehehehe.
Now, things:
a)..Our car is fried!..We can only drive it in daylight. All the dashboard electronics are gone, finished, kaput!. We have no lights, no speedometer, no odometer, no gas gauge, no oil light...nada, nil, zilch! The cost to replace is over $1000 for a new one....or around $400 for a used one. Might as well be a million dollars. Therefore the Blazer is off the market and will become our main vehicle, even though it's old and hard on gas! Sob sob sob.
b)..This is for Mikki..I borrowed a well-read and rat nibbled Dean Koontz book from her called Frankenstein. I was unaware that it was part of a trilogy..the second part. I read the book with complete fascination..really good...but it did not end.....Have to read the third part!!!! Mikki, if you're out there, do you have the Third part!!!!! Please, the world was about to be taken over, and I have no idea what happened!!!!!
c) I was talking to Shannon on the phone the other night..and she reads our blogs but doesn't know how to post an answer on publish a blog. But she does have a blog set up. So I explained it to her and hope to hear from her soon. She just got promoted and is doing well. Cole started school, and so far he likes it.
Well...that's it folks!
Tata for now.


2 Comments:

Blogger NanNan said...

Funny post, love the picture!!! Friday will soon be here-- what do you mean about the disposition of the furniture---- where things go???
I'm so excited about Shannon-- really hope she can get on board with us, it's been so many years, and if she's reading this, I would love to hear from her--even if she isn't reading this, I would still love to her from her!!! Good thing the truck didn't sell!! love

8:50 PM  
Blogger Fireguy said...

I can post a comment now - so there!

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home