Friday, November 03, 2006

What a Beautiful Day

It's sunny, sunny, sunny and warm, warm, warm!!! I love it..the furnace hasn't come on all day....hehehehe. I'm freaking out a little about oil consumption!!! However, I freak out just about everything...so no big deal! I got a lot of work done today, and that makes me feel good. Washed floors, got some curtains up, tidied up....etc etc etc.
Finally got a shower!!!!! Let me explain...our tub and shower are under a slanted wall (for anyone whoever visited us in Westville, they will know what I mean). So, an ordinary shower rod and curtain wouldn't fit. But, Jim, although not God, is a genius when it comes to rigging things up. So he drilled some holes with his trusty drill, put up a shower rod, made a few adjustments here and there, et voila...shower curtain up.
Now, let me reassure you, that just because we couldn't shower didn't mean we didn't wash!!!!! But a full shower sure feels better than a 'sponge bath'.
I like to try to accomplish something every day...even if it's just something small.
Still looking for a bed for the guest room! And, I noticed today with the sun streaming in that the walls are extremely dirty. Can't see myself washing them..so I think we are going to paint. God knows when. So many things I want to do, but have to wait for the money! Each payday, we will do something else.
I really like it here. I haven't been feeling as sick....it feels like a real home...I am more interested in keeping it tidy.
Anyhoo....that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Talk to you all later...adios


4 Comments:

Blogger Tuffysmom said...

P.S. I think I have the biggest fridge I have had in years...I like it....just thought I'd let you guys know.

4:06 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Big Fridge-- you're really rubbing it in!!!!

7:28 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

No comment on how pleased I am???
Hehehehe...sorry Nannan..I just could not resist it..I tried..I really did!
Love you.....

7:40 PM  
Blogger Fireguy said...

Yes, it was a nice day here too! Getting a little cooler though.
Glad you're getting settled in.

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home